Ever wonder what makes a MILLY design special? It’s all in the detail. Michelle Smith, founder and designer of MILLY takes classic American sportswear silhouettes and turns them on their head by infusing them with a feminine edge. Thus, the python embossed MILLY Leather Leggings.
It’s time to update your spring wardrobe, which means a pair of killer white pants is a must. Forget traditional white jeans and indulge in white leather leggings instead…we promise you’ll be obsessed. Crafted in a luxurious Italian python embossed leather, these leggings are designed with movement and style in mind. Go for an easy modern look by pairing them with our best-selling "Sorry for Partying" tee and top off your outfit with a pop of color. Your friends will never be so envious…
The MILLY FW ‘14 runway show was held on Monday, February 10 at Lincoln Center. Michelle Smith, founder and designer of MILLY divulges her inspiration for the collection of handbags here:
I started my line of handbags in 2011, 10 years after I began my ready to wear business. I love experimenting with fabrics and textures—this season I took it to a new level. Here, I’ll give you a sneak peek of what’s to come this fall.
1.The Riley Collection large tote: I love the structure of this handbag and the zipper with fringe adds a fashion-forward element. Carry it from work to weekend easily.
2. Blake Satchel: A ladylike silhouette, I love the classic nature of this satchel. In 5 colors with custom hardware, you can’t go wrong. The zipper is my favorite part—it’s oversize and gold. A true show-stopper.
3. Skylar Fur Satchel: Featuring vegan fur, this satchel will be available in blush, fuschia and black, adding texture and fun to any fall look.
4. Gold Croc small satchel: A little gold goes a long way. This gold croc embossed handbag will be available in a variety of silhouettes, but I’m partial to the small satchel, which easily goes from day to night and can never be outshone!
5. Logan Zip tote: All eyes on the zipper! I love this tote—it will be available in mini, small and large for all lifestyles.
6. Fringe clutch: Made of lamb leather, this swing-y clutch features two layers of fringe—it’s quite the attention-getter! Shown here in black, but it will also come in French blue, Ink and Caramel.
Leather has never made more of a statement. This season, Michelle gave buttery Italian leather an update with edge. Here’s a little Leather Lesson, whether you’re a beginner or an advanced leather wearer.
If you’re a beginner…
Dip your toe into the trend with leather detailing, which adds structure and edge to feminine looks.