We all know that scoring the perfect outfit for July 4th is a must (and not always easy…). If you’re struggling to find the ultimate look that’s both striking and patriotic, we’ve got you covered. Here, we chose some of our favorite July 4th outfits that can take you from the beach to a BBQ…
2. For a pool party…there’s no better choice than the MILLY Parrot Print Micro Shorts. J.Lo approved (she wore these micro shorts in the music video for “We Are One”, the official 2014 Fifa World Cup song) they are modern and bold. Plus, they can be worn in the water!
Finally, it’s Memorial Day weekend, which means the unofficial start to summer, and of course, wedding season (not to mention the MILLY Memorial Day sale!). Didn’t make the bridesmaids cut? No worries, the consolation prize is that you can choose your own dress! Here, we make it easy to choose…
1. If you’re not concerned about upstaging the bride…then the MILLY Ombre Strapless Maxi is a no brainer. Cut from a beautiful ombre degrade georgette, the color and draping make for a killer combination. Plus, the indigo color is ideal for the season.
2.The bride and groom are opting for rooftop nuptials…go for the MILLY Arabelle Gown. A vibrant shocking pink color will stand out in the best way possible. The leather waistband adds edge, while a back open slit makes it feminine and sexy.
3. If you happened to be invited to Kimye’s wedding…then the MILLY Chelsea Halter Gala Dress takes the cake. Double silk georgette and ruffle details make this dress ethereal and alluring and an open back gives it drama. Wherever the celeb couple seal the deal, this dress is bound to impress.
4. For the black tie garden wedding…opt for the MILLY Ava Strapless Gown. Crafted in a one-of-a-kind Italian ivy print, this dress is contemporary and striking. A boned bustier gives it structure and a full skirt gives it volume and movement. Don’t be surprised when all heads turn as you walk into the ceremony…
5. For those sealing the deal beachfront…the flowy MILLY Monica Strapless Dress is a must-have. Made of a gorgeous Italian watercolor paisley print silk chiffon, the poppy color complements the fluid design. Go shoes free for the ultimate boho-luxe look.
6. Backyard weddings call for…casual, yet elegant attire, which makes the MILLY Bella Dressour top pick. Featuring a V-neck, draped sleeves and a gorgeous Italian watercolor paisley print, this dress is fresh and feminine. Effortlessly transition from the reception to the party in this number.
7. If the ceremony is being held at an art gallery…the best-selling MILLY Racerback Sheath, made of an Italian sea blossom print, can’t be beat. Wearable art, this print was inspired by MILLY designer and founder Michelle Smith’s recent trip to Japan. Hues of seafoam green and cantaloupe in the form of exotic florals mean this dress is unlike any other in your closet.
With each collection, Michelle Smith, founder and designer of MILLY designs signature prints that act as roadmaps for the ready to wear season. Here, we give you a behind the scenes look at how a print comes to life.
WHAT MAKES IT SPECIAL:
Custom-made, this Italian orchid print is one-of-a-kind for its abstract pattern and electric colors. Seafoam green, bright violet and ultramarine blue create a stunning combination that will always make a statement. The stretch fabric is comfortable yet polished, while also offering the perfect amount of sheen.
HOW TO WEAR IT:
You can sport this striking orchid print in different ways—which is your style?
Mesh Racer Dress … this feminine silhouette features understatedly sexy details for a striking look. Perfect for your next birthday bash…
Coco dress … this best-selling silhouette is updated for spring and will carry you effortlessly from desk-to-dusk.
Pencil Skirt … a smart way to inject color into your spring wardrobe - it can be dressed up or down.
Spring is almost here (hopefully…) which means it’s time to freshen up your wardrobe. If you’re looking for an easy way to update your warm-weather repertoire, we advise you grab a few white staples to carry you through the season. To make it easy, we’ve hand picked some of our favorite pieces…
Cut from a luxurious Italian square fil coupe, this white MILLY midi skirt will always be a hit, especially when paired with the matching crop top or a conversational graphic tee (think “Sorry for Partying”…) The delicate details in the fabric give this skirt texture, while the length makes it on-trend. Pair it with sandals for a day at the office and throw on heels when you’re ready to head to a rooftop beer garden.
If you’re in need of a versatile and lightweight topper, this cropped sailor blazer can’t be missed. MILLY designer Michelle Smith updates this classic shape in a tencel linen, keeping it weather-appropriate for the season. The cropped shape and slightly loose fit make it perfect for warmer days. For a polished look, pair it with the corresponding Cuffed Stella Shorts - this white-on-white look is feminine and modern.
What’s summer without a staple white dress? Crafted in a luxurious Italian tech stripes fabric, this sleeveless MILLY dress features bold leather binding, giving it the right amount of detail and edge. Plus, precise tailoring shapes the body, with a fitted bodice and flare skirt. We love this styled with killer heels and fun accessories.
Spring cleaning means out with the old and in with the new. If you’re searching for the ultimate handbag to complement your fresh spring picks, this is it. Made of a shiny leather and punctuated with oversized zippers and hardware details, this MILLY tote fits your daily essentials stylishly.
Whether you’re spending New Year’s on the beach or at a ski resort, we have a standout look for every occasion.
1. If you’re in Miami (or any warm weather location) for New Year’s, you need theMILLY Cutout Dress. Cutout details make this LBD sexy, and a fitted silhouette will flatter every body type. Add a pop of color to this getup and you’ll be set for a night in South Beach.
2.Going to a black tie event? You’re in luck. OurRacer Party Dress, made of Cheetah Lurex Lace, is bound to make a statement. A floor length skirt and racer back create a tailored and bold look.
3.For those headed to a hotel rooftop bash…sporting sequins is a must. OurSleeve Cocktail Dress, crafted in black and gold stretch sequins, features a subtly sexy scoop back. You’re bound to catch the attention of your New Year’s kiss in this number.
4.If you prefer a low-key night… go with theMILLY Fly Away Rhinestone TankandLeather Leggings. Rhinestone details enhance this black tank top and leather leggings make this outfit edgy. Good friends, great food, necessary New Year’s drinks and a favorite outfit = the perfect night.
5.At a ski resort for the holidays? A statement coat better make it into your suitcase. TheMILLY Cocktail Coatis the ultimate topper to any winter look- layer it over your favorite dress and pair it with a bold bag for a glam New Year’s outfit. If you’re prepping for a cold night, you might as well throw in ourSermoneta for MILLY Studded Gloves. Talk about rocker chic done right.
Tell us what your go-to New Year’s outfit is by commenting below!