SAYULITA SURF STYLE
Now that spring break is here, I’m dreaming about my favorite warm weather locations… One exotic hideaway that instantly comes to mind is a hidden gem on the Riviera Nayarit in Mexico - a little surf town called Sayulita (photos courtesy of Claudia Lebenthal, Style of Sport). Discovered in the late 1960s by wandering surfers, this off-the-beaten-path town is quickly becoming a popular spot for its stunning beaches, jungle terrain, snorkeling and fishing, and of course, its surfing.
The ultimate location for anyone looking to live on a surfboard for a few days, it features tame waves for beginners and surging ones for pros. Plus, if you’re down for an eclectic culture fix, you’ll love walking around the town scouting the different shops, filled with bohemian style jewelry, clothing, bags, and swimwear. P.S. You can’t go to Sayulita without heading to Pacha Mama - you’ll fall in love with the gypsy-inspired designs from the stunning Mignot sisters.
Insider info: make sure your trip to Sayulita overlaps with one of the town’s favorite events, the annual Punta Sayulita Classic. This weekend long contest hails some of the top athletes for long board and stand up paddle surfing…
Be sure to check out Claudia Lebenthal’s blog, Style of Sport, to read more about her surf adventures at the Punta Sayulita Classic!
Here are some items you can’t leave home without when going to Sayulita:
1. A wear-with-everything coverup. Slip this on after a day at the beach and head straight to margaritas at sunset.
2. The ultimate little black bikini. This MILLY Barbados Bandeau Bikini features O-ring details at the center chest and hips. Plus, removable straps mean it can be worn in multiple ways.
3. A colorful wallet. Designed to fit all your essentials, you won’t need anything else for an afternoon of shopping.
4. A printed iPhone case. Travel in style with this Aztec printed iPhone case. An easy way to inject color into your beach outfit…
5. A versatile beach tote. This MILLY tote is made of luxe perforated leather in fresh white. Perfectly sized, you can wear this everywhere.
6. A comfortable tank top. A conversational graphic tee will always look good over your bathing suit. Throw this on before a walk on the beach.
7. Easy, lightweight shorts. Made of an Italian tribal print, these colorful shorts epitomize easy cool. A drawstring at the waist also means they are comfortable.
Plus, don’t forget to shop MILLY dresses and MILLY handbags!